Wednesday 13 March 2013

Mistake


Well, we all do some mistake in our life, and yesterday I have done a big one, believe me. I erased one client on the client server by mistake. Fortunately, they have a backup. Right now, I am restoring one of them on my SQL Server, and it will probably take a long time.

We all learn from mistake and I will share with you what I have done to recover everything.

The most important is to admit that your the one who have done that. You'll be better after.
Get the backup file. Restore it using Enterprise Manager/All task/Restore Database.
If it's on a .Bak file, choose the "From Device" option. In the Options Tab modify the path to point over to your SQL Server and Database file. Click Ok. Done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home